Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Candy Corn Vine

 


It's that most wonderful time of year again, and I could not be more excited! I don't know what it is about the autumn season that calls me back to this space but, alas, here I am. Perhaps I should make this blog seasonal, which it unintentionally is now, and only post during the autumn and winter seasons. All I know is I'm here now, and I have a few autumn/Halloween posts that I'm excited to share.

The picture above and below are of one of my new favorite plants. This summer, while browsing the plants in a local nursery, I came across this unique and very Halloween appropriate vine. It's botanical name is Manettia lutcorubra, commonly known as firecracker vine, or candy corn vine.


 
 
This plant is quite low maintenance. Place in a sunny spot, I placed mine in a pot because I hope to move it indoors when the weather turns colder, and keep it well watered. That's it! It grew continuously throughout the summer, and I'm just hoping that it hangs on until Halloween! 

 

1 comment: