Monday, June 18, 2012

Side Project


This lone chair, which is believed to have belonged to my great grandparents, has been waiting patiently for its turn to be turned from something drab into something more aesthetically pleasing.

This weekend, armed with sandpaper, primer and paint that is exactly what I set out to accomplish.


The base coat of primer in itself made for a drastic improvement.

Normally, I use Rust-Oleum primer which is my go-to primer. However, on this piece I used Valspar and was disappointed with its (lack of) coverage.


Here is the finished piece. Funny how a little paint can completely transform a piece. 


 (Color is Krylon Blue Ocean Breeze.)


No comments:

Post a Comment