Monday, January 3, 2011

First Post Of 2011

So, is everyone ready to begin a brand new year? I suppose I am as ready as I am ever going to be. I can't say that I was sad to see 2010 come to an end. It was a year full of loss, sadness, and uncertainty. Fingers crossed this year will be nothing of the like.

Here is the picture I promised of the handmade sign I made my sister for Christmas. I used this perfect tutorial. It was my first time using freezer paper to make stencils, and let me tell you that stuff worked amazingly well. The process was extremely time consuming, but I think the outcome was completely worth it.




I also wanted to share with you this cottage ornament I painted for a special order. I have painted a lot of these over the past couple of years, and I think this is by far my favorite. I think it's because it reminds me of the mushroom houses on the Smurfs.



What projects have you been working on lately?

I have a couple of surprises coming up soon that I can't wait to share!

Happy first Monday of 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment