Monday, December 27, 2010

Project Restyle

How was everyone's Christmas holiday? I hope it was full of all things wonderful. My holiday was nice, albeit bittersweet. It was the first Christmas since losing both my father and grandfather, so there was a definite void this holiday season. Maybe this is the reason I just couldn't seem to get it all together this year. I did manage to make some homemade candy and get my sister's handmade gift completed, so it wasn't a complete bust. 

(I'll share pictures of what I made her, as soon as I remember to take pictures of it. )

In other news, have you seen the new project Elsie and Rachel developed?

Here are the details:


"Project Restyle is a just-for-fun creative group focused on ReStyling damaged, unwanted or unusable goods into fresh, beautiful pieces"

Project ReStyle Guidelines

1. You must use unwanted, damaged or unusable vintage or used items to ReStyle. One of the big purposes of the group is that it encourages green living and is budget friendly. You can use items from your own closet/attic that you no longer love, thrifted finds or hand-me-downs.

2. Take a Before & After photo of your ReStyled project. It's that simple!

3. Share your creative work on your blogs and in our Flickr Group. If you don't have a Flickr account, it's free to join. We'll be choosing favorites each week to share on our blogs, so you'll want to be sure to join the fun.

4. You can create fashion, home decor or gift items. There are no limits on what types of items you can ReStyle! Be creative and make items you know you can really use!

 I can't wait to participate! I already have a couple of items waiting in the wings ready to be restyled!

To find out how to participate click here. The best part of this project? It's FREE, which is great for all of us finding ourselves carrying empty wallets these post-Christmas days.

Hope your Monday is treating you well.

No comments:

Post a Comment