Wednesday, November 10, 2010

4 Simple Goals-Update


You may (or may not) recall this post  from a couple months back in which I decided to take part in Elsie's "4 Simple Goals" prompt. As I stated in the original post, I tried to pick and list practical goals that I felt I could accomplish. I thought it would be fun to do a updated post to document my progress in getting these goals accomplished. (The updates are in bold.)


1. To Keep This Blog Going. I'm giving myself a time frame of six months, I think that will allow me enough time to get a feel for this new environment, but short enough so I don't run the risk of becoming bored. I want to have meaningful, and interesting things to say, and the minute I feel as though these two things are falling to the wayside, then I'm signing off.

* I have to say, I have really surprised myself that I have kept this blog going for as long as I have. I have a very short attention span, and lose interest in things relatively quickly. I will admit that sometimes I struggle with blog topics, but somehow I continue to persevere. I'm halfway through my six month goal, and only time will tell if I continue on after my initial time frame.

2. Restock my Etsy shop. The shelves in my Etsy shop have been bare quite long enough. I want to find interesting items that both my customers and I love.

*  This goal hasn't been completed for no other reason than my own battle with procrastination. I have several items stashed away that need to be listed but I just never seem to get around to actually doing it. With the holidays approaching I need to get busy!

3. Work on making my dream of owning my own home a reality.

* I know the house plans I want, and where I would like it built but the  lack of funds are prohibiting this dream from becoming a reality for the time being.

4. Complete some (if not all) of the unfinished projects I have laying around my home. I'm notorious for starting a project, and never seeing it to completion. However, this does not dissuade me from beginning another project, which results in the same outcome. I must learn to end this vicious cycle.

* Does it count as an accomplishment if you aren't beginning any new projects, but aren't working on any semi-finished projects either? Some of the projects I have yet to tackle are in-depth (sanding, painting, etc) and would require one to be outside which isn't at all practical in Virginia this time of year. (Yes, I'm using the weather as a scapegoat.)

I'm not doing terrible, but there is definitely room for improvement.

Hope your week is going great!

No comments:

Post a Comment