Friday, September 10, 2010

Work In Progress



The two pictures above are of a very daunting work in progress project. Several years ago I was in the market for a fixer-upper camper that I could essentially strip to the bare bones and make my own. I knew I wanted one that had "good bones", and that had a lot of potential when it came to customizing it to my own specifications.

After looking high and low for what seemed liked forever, and not finding a camper I was completely happy with (i.e. price, condition, etc) I was ready to give up my search when one day, less than five miles from my house, I saw this little gem with a "For Sale" sign plastered on the front. I knew immediately it had to be mine! After talking to the owner, and striking a deal she was all mine. I was so excited! The interior was in good shape, or so I thought. After ripping out a great deal of the inside we were surprised to see that it had quite a bit of water damage. Needless to say, we had to remove paneling, insulation, wiring, etc.

Work is currently stalled on this project, but once some progress starts to show I will definitely take pictures, and post them here.

In the mean time, here are a couple of pictures from my Flickr favorites of campers that I love, and that are a great source of inspiration!

{Source}
{Source}

2 comments:

  1. your inspiration photos look fun and would definitely inspire me to work on my own fixer-upper as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i love camping!!! this is going to be so awesome when you guys are done!! we are pen pals too & I'm glad i came by your blog! camping is really the best~

    ReplyDelete